MotoQuest founder, Phil Freeman, was born, raised, and still lives in Alaska, so he’s very well acquainted with the regional seasonal changes. He knows that autumn brings longer nights, chilly temperatures, and daily dousing precipitation within the rain forest of Girdwood, Alaska, which he calls home. When it was decided that he should guide our Colorado Rocky Mountain High and Wonders of the West adventures, we didn’t exactly have to twist his arm to head down to the lower 48 for some blue skies and warmer weather.
Since there are only two spots left on the September Colorado Rocky Mountain High trip (hint, hint), Phil wanted to say a little something about the 2020 October Wonders of the West Adventure in this newsletter:
“I cordially invite you to join me for our upcoming Wonders of the West Adventure. At MotoQuest, when it comes to planning and executing a trip, from time to time we have staffing changes at the last minute. We are far from controlling anything, but we are specifically at our best when executing our ‘Plan B’. Some say that our Plan A is our Plan B!
In the case of our upcoming Wonders of the West Adventure, it has been recently determined that it shall be I who will be leading this fantastic ride, starting October 17th. We have a smaller confirmed group for this adventure and I hope that you will consider joining us. If you ever wanted to check out the Hoover Dam, ease down Route 66, experience Joshua Tree National Park, and ride below sea level in Death Valley, then this is the perfect getaway for you.
If a wild hair has been conjured inside you by this invitation, and your calendar is clear (or can be cleared), then by all means: register for this circuitous route through California, Arizona, and Nevada, and get ready to learn new packing, riding, and partying skills. After all, why not?”
October 17 – 24, 2020
- The package consists of 6 riding days (7 nights of lodging) included in the base cost.
- Arrive in Las Vegas no later than mid afternoon on October 17. We recommend coming in at least one day early to acclimate and to account for potential flight or luggage delays. MotoQuest can arrange additional lodging for you before or after the tour if necessary.
- Last day of riding is October 23rd, 2020. At the conclusion of the tour, we will have a final farewell dinner in Las Vegas as a group.
- Base package includes shared accommodation and a Suzuki V-Strom DL650XT for $3,950 USD.
- Upgrades to single occupancy and/or the following motorcycles are available.
BMW R 1200 RT
BMW R 1250 GS
BMW F 850 GS
BMW F 750 GS