MotoQuest’s COVID-19 Healthy Touring Policies & COVID-19 Tour Cancellation Accommodations
Added and effective Nov 1st, 2020. Discontinued March 8th, 2023
NOTE: The following terms remain on our Terms & Conditions as reference only for those guests that signed up prior to the discontinuation date of March 8th, 2023.
MotoQuest understands how stressful the current conditions are to both your financial and your physical health. In an effort to reduce these stresses and provide an unforgettably enjoyable motorcycle touring experience, we are making the following changes on your behalf, effective November 1st, 2020:
COVID-19 Healthy Touring Policies
- All guides and participants are expected to test negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours of their arrival to the tour start location. Our staff will help you manage the timeline for testing as we have been successfully using this policy since July of 2020.
MotoQuest COVID-19 Requirements for Non-Vaccinated Riders
For the sake of your health and safety, MotoQuest will ask each rider to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before departing with the rest of the group. The timestamp for the test being administered must be within four days of your arrival at the start location. Those unwilling to comply will not be allowed to participate in the tour. MotoQuest strongly encourages everyone in the group to get tested for COVID-19 four days before their flights and be ready to provide proof of a negative result by the end of the official arrival date of your trip.
MotoQuest COVID-19 Requirements for Vaccinated Riders
Vaccinated riders are not required to get a Covid test prior to their participation in their tour.
At Home COVID-19 Testing Kit by Everlywell
While we will accept test results from any FDA approved lab, we have had very good results with the Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit. You will be able to take your test at home, send it to their lab, and have your results in time for your ride. Just send your test in four days prior to your arrival in the start location, and you will have your results sent to you by email. Upon receipt of your results please send a copy of the PDF to your guides.
At Home COVID-19 Testing Kit by Pixel by Labcorb
We have also had very good results with the Pixel by Labcorp COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit, which offers a very similar experience to that which we’ve had with the Everlywell test.
While we will accept test results from any FDA-approved lab, we have had very good results with the Pixel At-Home Kit by LabCorp. All of our riders who have used this service so far have had satisfactory experiences. It’s a simple at-home test that you send to their lab. They have been able to provide results in time for our rides using the timeline that our guides have developed. Just send your test in three days prior to your arrival in the start location, and you will have your results sent to you by email. Upon receipt of your results please send a copy of the PDF to your guides.
- Pixel test by LabCorp: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test
- Find a local testing facility: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
- Those of you who register for shared-occupancy lodgings will likely be paired with a roommate from the group at each overnight stop. If you are wary of doing so due to viral transmission and other pandemic concerns, MotoQuest is willing to convert shared occupancy participation slots over to single occupancy registrations for the upgrade fee difference stated on the tour website, subject to availability. We request that riders interested in doing so let us know as soon as possible so that we may affect this change before the trip.
- All riders should bring a supply of face masks or coverings with them sufficient to last the duration of the trip. MotoQuest will not maintain a stock of face masks or cloth facial coverings. Used masks should be replaced with new or laundered coverings each day to maintain effective coverage. We request that our riders respect social distancing and proper mask usage covering the nose and mouth throughout your journey.
- We will actively seek out places to eat that offer outdoor seating. We will also opt to order take-out and choose an outdoor venue instead of dining in a confined indoor space whenever possible during your adventure. This strategy has proven safe and comfortable for our 2020 riders so far and we’re confident that it will work at least as well going forward.
- We ask that riders take care of themselves throughout the trip, and monitor their own health. If at any point during the trip you feel yourself becoming ill or showing symptoms of illness, we request that you let your guides know as soon as possible so that we may better help you attend to your condition as the situation develops. Please familiarize yourself with the onset symptoms of COVID-19 as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
MotoQuest assumes that any riders booking after November 1st, 2020 are aware of the ongoing situation with COVID-19. We are happy that you wish to make travel arrangements with MotoQuest during this uncertain time and we will take precautions to make it a safe and enjoyable experience. By booking with MotoQuest, you acknowledge that there is an inherent financial risk to yourself and to MotoQuest when making plans during an uncertain time and accept your part of this risk as we do ours.
As always, we recommend that you invest in travel insurance (trip cancellation and/or trip delay coverage). There are policies currently available that cover pandemic-related situations and many credit cards have travel coverages automatically included. We suggest you contact your credit card provider, your travel agent, and/or a travel insurance website (such as www.squaremouth.com) for more details. MotoQuest has, and will continue to, cooperate in assisting our clients in recovering their funds from any travel insurance policy.
MotoQuest has maintained an excellent reputation for being reasonable in working with our clients throughout this pandemic. We continue to make efforts to be flexible with our clients, but we expect our clients to do the same. In the spirit of fairness all around, we are not able to deviate from our cancellation policies due to an individual’s fear of getting sick during travel or of having second thoughts about moving forward with their travel. We expect that we have all considered the consequences of travel during this pandemic and are doing our mutual best to mitigate those consequences.
COVID-19 Booking Flexibility
We understand things are changing quickly and we want to give our riders our assurance on booking flexibility. Our standard booking terms are already quite flexible, allowing riders to cancel a tour greater than 60 days from departure with no financial penalty. Please start a dialogue with us if you are having second thoughts about your upcoming ride with MotoQuest. Registrants outside of 60 days wanting to change to a different trip or even postpone your reservation by one year will not encounter any resistance from us.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Effective immediately, MotoQuest is implementing an automatic special circumstance waiver to our existing Guided Tour Terms & Conditions with regards to our existing Cancellation Policy. This waiver, hereby referred to as the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy, is specifically for our list of Qualified Covid-19 Situations* and does not apply to any other conditions. All other conditions will be subject to the standard Guided Tour Terms & Conditions Cancellation Policy.
We feel it unfair to enforce a nonrefundable tour funds policy for COVID-19 related situations during this unprecedented time in history. Therefore, the following COVID-19 Cancellation Policy will be in effect for the foreseeable future:
- If you are unable to attend a tour due to a Qualified COVID-19 Situation* and you are over 30 days from the start of your tour you will not lose any funds that you’ve paid towards your tour.
- If you are unable to attend a tour due to a Qualified COVID-19 Situation* and you are within 30 days from the start of your tour you will be subject to a cancellation fee of up to $1,000 to be deducted from your funds paid. We will do our best to recover as much cost as possible for our mutual benefit and will strive to reduce this cancellation fee; however, organizing the logistics, equipment, lodgings, and crew for your tour began well beyond a year in advance and we have already committed to many logistical arrangements that are now nonrefundable. MotoQuest will absorb the majority of these costs in the spirit of what is right and safest for our riders, but we will require some sharing of the expense to manage the financial impact.
- All funds remaining after any cancellation fee will be held on file as a credit eligible to be used for any tour, rental, or other MotoQuest product or service, subject to availability, in part or in whole.
- Your credit will expire 12 months from the date of your cancellation. You will have 12 months to apply your funds to another tour, rental, or other product or service. If you are unable to complete that future tour or rental, your credit will be subject to the applicable cancellation policy at that time.
- COVID-19 cancellations should be made in writing to [email protected] at your earliest knowledge of your need to cancel. The earlier we are made aware of your situation, the more time we have to help you and to minimize loss on both sides. We will work with you!
- MotoQuest reserves the right to cancel a participant’s participation in a tour if the participant is disruptive or putting themselves or others in harm’s way. No refund or credit will be issued.
*Qualified COVID-19 Situations:
- You are able to show a positive COVID-19 test result with your cancellation.
- A state or federal travel ban prevents you from physically arriving for the tour. A state, federal, or other requirement to show a negative test on arrival does not count as a travel ban.