We have very limited (one) space left available on our confirmed 2020 Cassiar Scout Adventure, so if you’ve been hemming and hawing, now is the time to snap it up before it’s gone! Long days, new-to-us lodging, and a few fun hiccups along the way are the standard on scouting trips, so we are asking for riders who prefer to be pampered to sit this one out. For those desiring something more polished, we recommend our North to Alaska Adventure. The rest of you oddballs who enjoy our brand of scouting silliness should keep reading.
If you’ve ridden with Dan Patino, you know that he is a world-class MotoQuest guide who has been leading tours since 2004 because our guests love him. Not only does Dan have a great sense of humor, but he can solve problems on the fly. Yep, Dan’s a keeper.
May 14 – 25, 2021
May 13 – 24, 2022
- Northbound: Portland, OR to Anchorage, AK
- All paved
- Late spring, flowers in bloom
- Tried-and-true itinerary
- Any bears you see will probably be skinny
- More critters along the road corridor, waking up from winter: big horn sheep, caribou, moose, and especially bears (we saw 30 one year!)
- Departing from Oregon through the Cascade Range, entering Canada alongside Osoyoos Lake
- Overnight at Liard River Hot Springs to soak those tense gluteal muscles
- Up the Alcan Highway with lots of services (more frequent gas stations, restaurants, and restrooms)
- Free day to ride down to Skagway and backEntering Alaska through Beaver Creek, YT, riding past the massive Matanuska Glacier before finally rolling in to Anchorage, AK
August 30 – September 12, 2020
August 29 – September 11, 2021
August 28 – September 10, 2022
- Southbound: Anchorage, AK to Portland, OR
- 100-ish miles unpaved
- Late summer, early autumn colors
- Trying something new!
- Any bears you see will probably be fat
- Exiting Alaska through Chicken, over unpaved Top of the World Highway, and crossing the Yukon River via ferry
- Overnight in Dawson City, an old gold rush town bursting with history. Make your family proud and swig a Sourtoe cocktail.
- Down the Cassiar Highway with limited services (fill the tank to the tippy-top, eat well when you can, and go before we leave)
- Free day to ride either to Prince Rupert or Gingolx
- Riding through Whistler, BC & crossing into U.S. at Vancouver, and riding the Olympic Peninsula on the way to Portland, OR
Considering a strictly Alaskan dual-sport ride?
We do have a little space left on our 2020 Alaska Backcountry Explorer Adventure. This is our most technical off-pavement tour, so bring your sturdy boots and dirt riding skills. Get to Anchorage by the afternoon of Friday, August 7th, and we will send you home the morning of Sunday, August 16th with a big grin and mud-crusted gear.