“North to the Future” is the official motto of the state of Alaska, a place that we often attempt to describe with words and images. The truth is, no words or images can truly convey the experience of being there, surrounded by vast expanses of untouched wilderness, the horizon jagged with tall mountain peaks.

This is the place where Phil Freeman was born and raised, and later, where he founded MotoQuest. An avid outdoorsman and motorcyclist, Phil felt that it would be a disservice to the motorcycling community if he didn’t share his home state with others, and so MotoQuest was born. Over the past couple of decades, MotoQuest has given an unparalleled Alaska experience to riders from around the world. Are you going to join us this year?

Below are some highlights from a few of our most popular guided motorcycle adventures in Alaska. The riding season is short and space on these trips is limited, so if 2017 is the year that you cross Alaska off your list of places to ride, start making your plans and book a spot soon.

Prudhoe Bay Motorcycle Adventure

June 2 – 11, 2017
August 4 – 13, 2017

Make no mistake, the journey to Prudhoe Bay is no walk in the park. Only about 60% of the route is on paved roads, with the other 40% taking us on dirt, gravel, and the intimidating Dalton Highway. But if you’re up for the challenge you will leave with a sense of accomplishment and memories to last a lifetime. We’re putting together two groups this year, the first leaving on June 2nd and the second leaving on August 4th, which is later than we normally run this trip. We also have a couple of new Honda Africa Twins available as well as our Suzuki V-Strom 650s and BMW GS Series, all of which are first come first serve.

“A motorcycle ride up the Dalton Highway to Deadhorse, AK is both a challenge and an adventure of a lifetime…Standing on a frozen Arctic Ocean was the zenith of the trip for me. I brag to everyone I know and everyone I DON’T know about it. Personally, this accomplishment is on my list of the top ten things I’m most proud of successfully completing.”

– Dan, Prudhoe Bay Rider

Click here to learn more and to register

Best of Alaska Motorcycle Adventure

July 7-16, 2017

This fan favorite itinerary makes a 1,600-mile loop through south-central Alaska, along the way offering views of the tallest mountains on the continent, quaint villages and historical areas, and an optional ride to the edge of the Arctic Circle. This trip is great for couples riding two-up and anyone that wants to see an incredible sampling of the state in just over a week of riding. In addition to the V-Strom and BMW GS bikes, we offer the Africa Twin and a range of Harley-Davidson touring models on this ride.

“Absolutely amazing! Best time of my life.” – Mike, Best of Alaska rider

Click here to learn more and to register

Alaska Northern Lights Adventure

August 26 – September 3, 2017

The Northern Lights Adventure is the best of both worlds, giving riders a unique look at Alaska’s interior while hitting some of the major landmarks along the way. This 8-day ride features about 40% dirt surfaces and takes us into the mighty Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, where you’ll have the opportunity to gaze upon the Aurora Borealis. The ride departs on August 26th, just in time for the fall colors to start coming in.

“This was a fantastic trip. Riding was wonderful and the guides were knowledgeable and a lot of fun to ride with. The whole group was excellent. Four months later and I’m still telling all my friends to go. My only regret is that I can’t ride like this every day.” – Bob, Northern Lights rider

Click here to learn more and to register

Build Your Own Adventure

Looking for different travel dates, maybe a more customized itinerary? Or are you more of a do-it-yourselfer and would prefer to make your own plans? Whatever the case, we’re here to help you bring your vision to life. We offer a wide selection of adventure and touring motorcycles for rent, and our knowledgeable staff can offer advice on riding routes, lodging, food stops — all the details that come with years of experience traveling all around the state.

Click here to build a custom MotoQuest tour

Click here to plan a trip with a MotoQuest rental motorcycle

Remember, the riding season is short and we’re already booking bikes, so get in touch soon if you’d like to ensure we have a motorcycle for you!